Wine Church is the name used by the public for the former Public Cellar of the State. It was built based on Thoroczkai Wigand Ede’s plans in 1913, the facade is ornamented with the coat of arms of Hegyalja’s agricultural towns. Flats for inspectors and cellar masters, offices, rooms for auctions and wine tasting were built on the upper floors in the past, and also the Inspectorate of Viticulture and Oenology that supervised the production of grapes, too. The lower floor served wine trading with barrel steamers, bottle washer, a vault of 400 thousand bottles, and packaging installations. More than 1 million litres of wine were stored in the cellar which originally had 37 junctions. There was even a separate industrial rail track leading to it. It was sold by the Tokaj Kereskedőház Rt. (Tokaj Merchanthouse Ltd.) after 1990, it changed hands several times. Unfortunately, the cellars and buildings are empty today. The curiosity of this is that this is the only town in the country, where a “church was erected” for wine. The church is waiting for a new owner and utilisation.